Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Baby Bucket List

I've been trying to think about constructive ways to get over my "baby anxiety".  I think (more on this later) that most of what worries me is how all-consuming it's gonna be...not only to have a child, but also all the planning to come over the next 9 months.  

Today I came up with the idea of a baby bucket list.  I suggested to my wife that we each make a list of 5 or so things that we want to do, but that we think we won't be able to once we're in the family way.  One of hers was to go to Disney World, which we actually did last weekend.  I didn't realize at the time that she was crossing items off her baby bucket list (I thought she needed a break from work stress), but apparently she was already thinking ahead.

My baby bucket list:
  • See a Broadway play
  • Publish a short story (a novel would be better but let's stay realistic here)
  • Reduce the clutter in our house
  • Post-process and print some of my photographs to hang on our walls
  • Learn how the hell to raise an infant
What would you want to do before parenthood?  

No comments: